Re: PAT HOW to - IPTABLES

Suppose, I have 3  mail servers @ DMZ zone with one real ip. the situation
as before?

in that case, What can I do?
your could use exim/postfix and route the mail to the right server, but I guess you are trying to find out how to have port 25 on the real ip nat'ed to one of the 3 dmz'ed ip based upon the destination mail address

short answer you can't as far as I know, iptables only looks at src ip / src port & dest ip/dest port. You could write your own plugin module to look into the tcp stream.

based upon destination email address/domain could be done by postfix and transports for selected mail/domain to selected server. but there is also a possibility of load balancing and failover for set of domains with all servers working with all the domains for HA and flexibility of computing power, then id say take a look at keepalived for both those features. for http traffic its actually the same, and also you can consider apache reverse proxy feature.

--
Radek aka Goblin