Re: PAT HOW to - IPTABLES

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 04:09:52PM +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

> > see cache_peer !!
> >
> > squid can load balance between 3 servers and cache it !!
> >
> > run squid on your box with real ip..
> >
> > Thanks for your quick answer. I know about reverse proxy. I wanted to know
> > that without squid, whether iptables it self can handle this situation.
>

> Suppose, I have 3  mail servers @ DMZ zone with one real ip. the situation
> as before?
>
> in that case, What can I do?
your could use exim/postfix and route the mail to the right server, but I guess
you are trying to find out how to have port 25 on the real ip nat'ed to one of
the 3 dmz'ed ip based upon the destination mail address

short answer you can't as far as I know, iptables only looks at src ip / src
port & dest ip/dest port.  You could write your own plugin module to look into
the tcp stream.