is Prio-map really used in a CBQ without filter of filter mismatch?

Hi, all,

according to the following HTML,
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.classful.html
section 9.5.3.1. PRIO parameters & usage:
it says:
"If you do not provide tc filters to classify traffic, the PRIO qdisc looks at the TC_PRIO priority to decide how to enqueue traffic."

So my understanding is that the Priomap will be consulted to classify the packet.
However, I see the packet always goes into the "best-effort" queue, i.e. band1, the medium priority queue, no matter how I change the TOS byte of the packet.

Can someone point out whether I have a misunderstanding of this or there is a discrepancy between the behavior and the code? Thanks very much.

ohu