Re: Why not qos for downloading stream??

Hi,

Beat Meier wrote:
> HI there
>
> Simple question :-)
> Why there is always only qos examples for upload and not download stream of
> adsl?
The packages are allready on your router, so why slowing down the
routing? You cannot hinder anyone to send you data but you can control
the questioning for more incoming traffic. (the case here is a "slow"
internet connection)

[...]
> Now comes the filtering and I was wondering if there
> 1. makes sense i.e. it helps us if download speed is at limit to priorize
> ssh, voip etc.
> 2. what will be the cpu load if you have not only 5 connected clients if
> not say 30
> and a lot of filter rules i.e. each customer needs his full filter set ...
[...]
That's how I would argue on the other questions with a "no".
(Btw., afaik the traffic of 5 or 30 people would not fully load a 200MHz
mipsel router on this line, but effectively shaping for low latency
(voip) could be hard to deal with on that line).

Bye, Andreas.