Packet Interception

Hello!

 In the earlier mail I think I was not clear... Actually the following is my requirements:

1) our requirement is to capture all packets originating/destined to a particular machine. This also includes ping packets to same machine/localhost. i.e. at machine A we want to also capture packets originating from say machine A and destined to machine A (these propably do not go to data link layer).

2) we want to experiment the behavior by adding delays to those packets, and that is why we want the actual packet and a copy of packet wont serve purpose.

3) we are open to listen at whatever layer (datalinke/network) and so how can we achieve this functionality.