Re: ipp2p segmentation fault

Aleksander Kamenik wrote:

0.8.2 was released Sep 26 _2006_. More than a year ago.

Oh. :)
Shows how observant I am.
I read the Sep 26th in the NEWS section on the ipp2p.org site and because the version I compiled reported itself as v0.8.1_rc1 it didn't click with me that I had an old version.
The version I has was what POM downloaded on the day I did it.

I'll try again using the newer version.

So how did that go?

I haven't had a go at it yet.
I'll probably look at it mid week.
I'll use your method of doing it without using POM.

The reason for not using pom is the simplicity of the manual install. After compiling you get two files, the kernel module and the iptables module. Copy them into the correct places, run depmod -a for the kernel module and you're ready to go. Easy to see where you've gone wrong if there's a problem.

Also, why did you install your own version of iptables? Does pom require it?

In the /usr/share/doc/iptables/changelog.Debian.gz file I read the following entry:

	  * pomng kernel extensions removed upstream: IPMARK, NETLINK, TCPLAG,
	    XOR, account, condition, dstlimit, fuzzy, geoip, ip6t_ULOG, ipp2p,
	    mport, nth, osf, pool, psd, quota, random, time

And since ipp2p is listed above I figured Debian may have changed their version to not support ipp2p at all.
So I got the real iptables source code to be safe.

The problem probably is that the ipp2p module for iptables was either compiled for the wrong version or you're trying to use it with the wrong version of iptables.

Thanks for your help.
I'll look at it a bit later this week using the latest ipp2p package from their web site.
Working or not, I'll post the result.

Jim.