Got stuck when a traffic shapping script

Hi there list,

I got stuck when making tc rules to divide bandwidth between RDP client
and the rest of our Internet traffic.

Given the following problem:
We have a school with around 900 students and staff in a temporary
location (an old wodka factory ;)) on around 100 workstations. The
maximum bandwidth we could get was 1536 kbit. So we decided to let the
staff work in our normal network via remote desktop. Around 90 students
using the Internet would fill up the bandwidth real soon... so I decided
to use tc/htb to split up the bandwidth:

RDP would get a rate of 768kbit ceiling 1536kbit
The rest would get a rate of 768kbit ceiling 768kbit

To accomplish this I wrote te following script:
====================snip======================
# /bin/sh
# eth0: Internet uplink
#                          root
#                           1:
#                            |
#                          base
#                       1536/1536kbit
#                          _1:1_
#                         /     \
#                        /       \
#                       /         \
#                     RDP        Rest
#                768/1536kbit 768/768bit
#                    1:10        1:20
#

# root qdisc
/sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 20
# root class for borrow 1536/1536mbit
/sbin/tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 1536kbit ceil
1536kbit
# class for RDP 768/1536kbit
/sbin/tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 768kbit
ceil 1536kbit
# class for Rest 768/1536kbit
/sbin/tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:20 htb rate 768kbit
ceil 768kbit

# filters
# HTB rules should be attached to the root
# RDP traffic goes to class 1:10
/sbin/tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:1 prio 1 u32 match ip
sport 3389 0xffff flowid 1:10
/sbin/tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:1 prio 1 u32 match ip
dport 3389 0xffff flowid 1:10
======================snap======================
But this does not seem to work... and I would very much like to have
some help on this... starting to feel like I have lost my sanity.

Peter

PS
In the traffic shaping HOWTOs I see a graphing tool being used to
demonstrate the working.... what tool is that? I've wipped up something
with Perl and RRDtools to accomplish this.... but I am always wondering
if I am looking at the right data.

PPS
The original filter rules were:
/sbin/tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1: prio 1 u32 match ip
sport 3389 0xffff flowid 1:10
/sbin/tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1: prio 1 u32 match ip
dport 3389 0xffff flowid 1:10

I changed the parent.