Yet another shaping question

Hello list,

I need to realize a complicated custom shaping setup, and given very
little experience with shaping I just can't wrap my head around it. I am
not seeking a complete script, I just need an idea/a set of pointers on
how to best subdivide traffic accordingly to my needs, and which shapers
to place on every leaf. I am very experienced with netfilter and have
minor experience with HTB so keep it concise and technical. Enough
blabber here is the setup:

-----------    -----------
-  wan_a  -    -  wan_b  -
- 1.1.1.1 -    - 5.5.5.5 -
- 1.1.1.2 -    -         -
-----------    -----------
    \              /
     \            /
  ----------------------
  -    Server/Router   -
  ----------------------
     /            \
    /              \
------------   ------------
-  lan_a   -   -  lan_b   -
- 10.1.0.0 -   - 10.2.0.0 -
------------   ------------

* Both wan links are synchronous, so excessive queuing is not a problem

* Traffic from both lans is balanced between both 1.1.1.1 and 5.5.5.5
using the statistic/random match, and every connection is kept where it
started using CONNMARK

* The default gateway of Server is either 1.1.1.1 or 5.5.5.5, adjusted
depending on the circumstances

* 1.1.1.2 is used only by a specific process (PROC) on the Server and
nothing else, all other services listen on 0.0.0.0

* The network of lan_a is a /24 logically subdivided into 4 /26
segments: A1 A2 A3 and A4

Here are the goals:
===================

* All small packets get best treatment no matter where they come from. I
am not sure what "small" exactly is but I obviously want to serve ARP,
SYN, ACK, small TCP (HTTP requests, SSH sessions) and small UDP (skype)
with utmost priority.

* If I understand correctly I do not have much control on what comes
FROM the internet destined for processes on the Server itself, so it is
left as is.

* The rest of the traffic coming FROM the internet is forwarded with
diminishing priority to: A1 A2 A3 lan_b A4

* Outgoing traffic TO the internet is sent with this priority: A1 A2 A3
Server lan_b A4 PROC

I sort of imagine how to do every single one of these, but when it comes
to combining it all I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.