Re: Classes do not receive any traffic ?

Andy Furniss wrote:
If your config looks OK your rules are so complex I would try something very simple like marking icmp and making a filter for that on eth/imq and seeing if it works or not.

I have built simple script and as You wrote it worked. After this I have modified mine script by:

-removing lines containing -j CONNMARK and line matching non zero mark.
-changing a few returning lines in _SKYPE

Now every classes receive traffic as it should and ping decreased significantly.

Andy Furniss wrote:
DSl rates are hard to get right without patching tc/kernel as it uses ATM and the overheads on a packet are high and vary with size in 53byte chunks. Without patching you need to back off from the rates.

I didn't knew that. Would You give me larger information about this ??

Andy Furniss wrote:
To make things worse ingress shaping needs you to back off even more as you are at the wrong end of the bottleneck, so don't have total control like on egress. The slower the link the harder it is, you should use short child qdiscs on the htb bulk classes (limit parameter) and try to arrange the htb rules so that interactive classes (and don't have too many) get a rate much higher than they ever need with a higher prio than bulk.

I will try things as You mentioned.

I have 3 interactive classes because of Skype and p2p. I had tried to match Skype file transfers to user classes. Unfortunately Skype connections are encrypted. Mine first idea was to mark this packet by matching tos (similar to matching tos of ssh and scp) but it failed because Skype always send packet with tos=0. Is there any other way to do that ?? Sometimes p2p puts lots of ack packets. I don't want them to interfere with low latencies needed for games.

Thank You for Your help.
Especially I appreciate Your will to read and understand mine first ,very long and complex post :)

Bartek