Re: Dead Gateway Detection & BGP

Grant Taylor wrote:
I my self and the company that I work for want to offer as much back to the community as it has offered to us.

My company has invested time and money

I am curious what the community's reaction is to this and ask for and encourage responses with regards to when is it appropriate for individuals / companies to move from "free to the public" support to "reasonable rate commercial support".

I for one can not speak for the community, but the three points highlighted above do not add up. Here is the scoring:

			Community	Your Company

Cost of help offered	  free		   paid
Time/money investment	  large		   large

			    2	    :        1

It is OK to charge for any provided service, good or bad. It is not OK to label this as "giving back as much as was offered".

Regards

Peter