Re: bonding of 2 lines

On 07/30/07 09:15, Laurence vd Krieken wrote:
I am working on a test-project at the moment, in witch I want to actually bundle ('trunk') some connections. In the LARTC-manual I found the chapter about TEQL (see chapter 10). The situation in that example is too link 2 networks. I need to link a network to 1 remote gateway.

I don't think you will get Teql to do what you are wanting it to do. It is my understanding that Teql is meant to load balance across serial links.

The main goal is that 'network 1' can use the full network speed (4mbit/s up/down) of both connections. (2x 2mbit SDSL)

The first thing that comes to mind is PPP Multi-Linking. Establish an L2TP / PPtP tunnel between your to end nodes and then have PPP bond the two tunnels together. This use to be called "Shotgunning" with dial up and T1s. There is however no reason why it can not be done with VPNs.

The other (preferred) option that comes to mind would be Equal Cost Multi Path routing (and the associated config(s) and / or patch(s)). Seeing as how you do have two equal cost routes that you want to spread traffic across, this should be possible. However getting it set up right will be a bit tricky.

Grant. . . .