Re: Re: Hotplug and Multipath routes = lost route

On 07/25/07 01:58, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
Yes, I read that, but I don't understand why those patches aren't merged in the kernel. Is there some kind of opposition to these patches?

Julian would be the better person to ask, but I'll take a stab at it.

I don't know of any opposition per say that is preventing the patches from going in to the main line kernel. I think it has more to do with the need for the functionality verses the complexity both of which in conjunction with the fact that in the later 2.6 kernel networking and net filter code has undergone *MASSIVE* changes. As such the demand to get the patches in to the kernel has probably not been high enough to warrant the effort, especially if the patches will apply cleanly to a stock kernel.

Thanks.

*nod*

Grant. . . .