network simulator

I want to build a "network simulator", to create scenarios such as delayed packets, lost packets, low bandwidth, or combinations of such.

This document has been helpful for everything except the bandwidth:

http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Netem

There is some documentation here regarding bandwidth:

http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/

What's the best documentation to read so as to understand exactly how tc works and to be able to come up with my own list of commands to create the scenarios described above?

I have a fairly good understanding of the OS in general, networking, iptables, but I never used the LARTC features until now, so I guess I'm looking for the best starting point.

Thank you,

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/