Re: Re: big problem with HTB/CBQ and CPU for more than 1.700 customers

>So, what do you think should i do with my e1000? What do you think
>could be the best board for sites as 8.000 customers? My problem is
>exact these lots of interruptions.

Plug as many network interfaces (e1000) as cpu cores you have. E1000
multiport nics have separate irq assigned to each "port", so having 2 x
Quad-Core Xeon and 2 x 4-port e1000 would allow you to configure static
affinity of each port to one core:
http://bcr2.uwaterloo.ca/~brecht/servers/apic/SMP-affinity.txt

Sometimes symmetric usage of network interfaces (for symmetric
core usage) is the problem. I think you can achieve it by plugging all 8
ports to managed switch and configuring some form of aggregation. The
best would be src/dst IP EtherChannel or something similar. For some
deployments (where router sees all the clients on OSI layer 2) src/dst
MAC EtherChannel would suffice. On linux side you would have to
configure bonding:
http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Bonding

pozdrawiam,
Marek Kierdelewicz