Re: big problem with HTB/CBQ and CPU for more than 1.700 customers

I have classes configured by protocol..

My NIC is the e1000 too (default parameters), but I'm using off-board cards (with scalable i/o support - good for multi-core setups). The main problem I had was the number of interruptions (~ 10.000/s)... With IRQ balance activated, each NIC got used with a specific processor core, and the use of CPU on these cores was always 100%.

I've solved this problem in my setup (2 Quad-Cores), deactivating the IRQ balance, that caused the interruptions to be processed by all the 8 cores.

Are you doing p2p control on this server? This is usually what takes more CPU usage..