Re: Re: dropped bytes in "tc -s class" output

On Sun, 20 May 2007 22:56:23 +0200
Christian Benvenuti <christian.benvenuti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >Hi All
> >
> >Is there any output that counts the number of dropped bytes
> >(not packets) just as in "Sent" in "tc -s class" output?
>
> No.
> A simple workaround (for simple configurations) consists of redirecting
> all the traffic you want to drop to a dedicated class and attach a
> blackhole qdisc (i.e., drop everything) to it.

Hmmm. I am pretty sure I did not tell what I meant.

I assume that at some point an HTB class will drop some packets that are
beyond its speed regulation, right?
I just need to measure this amount of dropped bytes (not packets). With
this measure I can MRTG it and give the clients some felling that they
really need more bandwidth.

How can I do this?

Ethy