gw, lsrc in julian's patches

In http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/dgd.txt I read:

--

- key "gw" for ip_route_output used to select the right route for the

gateway

- key  "lsrc" for  ip_route_input used  to find  the best  unicast route

between  this IP and the destination  address (similar to output routing

call but still makes the checks needed for input packet).

--

Could someone please provide a couple of examples on this? I was
unable to find any info in the LARTC list.

The second question is: do the patches add a way to monitor link state
that could be used e.g. from a shell script (I need to adjust
netfilter policy according to the link state)? Could you please advice
a way to do this?

TIA.