Problem with ipp2p 0.8.2

Hello Guys ( and girls, if is there any here :) ),

I have a box with IPP2P Installed on it (Debian Etch, ipp2p 0.8.2 tarball, iptables 1.3.6 and kernel 2.6.21), and I've identified a problem:

I use iptables to apply a mark on the traffic that ipp2p classifies as p2p. In my tc rules, I have granted bandwidth to many traffic classes (http, ssh, streaming, games, p2p, etc) and one last class of traffic, where all the unclassified traffic goes.

The problem is: The accuracy of ipp2p isn't good on my box, and the traffic of the unclassified traffic becomes big, and some things that I have chosen to go to this class (like ftp traffic in passive mode, or some games that use a "p2p like" protocol) suffer with the excessive traffic.

Eventually, when I reboot my box and try again to install, the ipp2p works, and that class with the unclassified traffic becomes again "normal".

Does any of you have a suggestion to do? I'm getting crazy with this problem...

--
Acácio Alves dos Santos
Administração de redes

Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber
esta mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela
contidas ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você
recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o
remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o. Agradecemos sua
cooperação.

This message, including its attatchments, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the recipient or authorized person to receive this message, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you received this message
by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by replying the e- mail and
deleting this message. Thank you for your cooperation.