Re: Ubuntu feisty: trouble with vmware-player host-guest access...

Mandi! Stephen Hemminger
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Sorry, vmware is proprietary. Please reproduce problem with a stock kernel.org
> kernel. This is not a vendor support list.

I only supposed that was not some vmware trouble, or at least not all,
because as you have seen some traffic passes (ping, at least).

Indeed vmware-player are propietary, i'm only seeking some info to
debug better this.

Only for list reference, i've solved the puzzle.
Simply when i've installed the box the first time i've put on it
another PCI ethernet card because the integrated (RTL Giga) was not
supported, and i've forgot completely that afterwards.

Now i've removed the PCI addon card, enabled the integrated one,
restate a bit the network configuration and now all the stuff works.

Boh.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/