Shape own router

On 3/22/07, Andy Furniss <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Salatiel Filho wrote:
> On 2/19/07, Salatiel Filho <salatiel.filho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Well , thanks to imq all my client machines are now shaped and
>> everything is great ...
>> But now i have a doubt , is there a way to shape the traffic that goes
>> to the route [doing a wget from the router for example ]?
>>

>> I have a PREROUTING IMQ0 and a POSTROUTING IMQ1 , everything is
>> working like i`d expect but i`d like to be able to shape download from
>> the router in the same htb qdisc provide by IMQ1. is there a way ?
>>
>> --
>> []'s
>> Salatiel
>>
>> "O maior prazer do inteligente é bancar o  idiota
>>    diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".
>>

> no ideas ?

Assuming 2.6

You need to use the prerouting imq, but unless you are doing nat and
need to seperate local/forwarded you can use ifb and save patching.
Where can i read about IFB ? I try to google but i can not find too
much info. maybe i am looking for the wrong words.  Maybe this is the
solution, cause i would like to put both local traffic and forwarded
traffic in the same htb queue.

If you really need imq you will need to check first imq option in kernel
config is set to A.
If i put after NAT in prerouting , how can i shape upload by IP ?

Andy.