Re: Shape own router

Salatiel Filho wrote:
On 2/19/07, Salatiel Filho <salatiel.filho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well , thanks to imq all my client machines are now shaped and
everything is great ...
But now i have a doubt , is there a way to shape the traffic that goes
to the route [doing a wget from the router for example ]?

I have a PREROUTING IMQ0 and a POSTROUTING IMQ1 , everything is
working like i`d expect but i`d like to be able to shape download from
the router in the same htb qdisc provide by IMQ1. is there a way ?

--
[]'s
Salatiel

"O maior prazer do inteligente é bancar o  idiota
   diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".

no ideas ?

Assuming 2.6

You need to use the prerouting imq, but unless you are doing nat and need to seperate local/forwarded you can use ifb and save patching.

If you really need imq you will need to check first imq option in kernel config is set to A.

Andy.