Re: Re: "dst cache overflow" messages and crash

Patches from Julian Anastasov works only as he mentioned for 2.4 series
of kernels
His patches are untested for 2.6 kernels
2.6.17 kernel das not suppose to have this bug cos it was fixed earlier
in 2.6.16
My advise is to switch from 2.6.17 to 2.6.16.29 or lather and avoid
patches from Julian
there are other ways to perform same task without patches.

Frédéric Massot wrote:
> Ivan Vladimirov wrote:
>> Frédéric Massot wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I regularly have errors (kernel: dst cache overflow) and crash of a
>>> firewall under Linux 2.6.17 and the route patch from Julian Anastasov.
>>>
>>> With rtstat I see that the route cache size increases regularly without
>>> never decreasing.
>>>
>>> I have this parameters:
>>> fw:/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route# grep . *
>>> error_burst:1250