Re: DGD of upstream routers

Chris Picton napisał(a):
Hi all

I have seen the below question asked a few times, but not seen any
answers.  Is this because

1) it is not possible

2) It is really simple and I shouldn't even be asking the question  :)

Usually you do such things using some dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP).

But it need cooperation from upstream provider. Quite good solution is using some kind of monitoring tool (nagios for example), which reachibility of some hosts and using that information you can alter routing table.

Or you can use shell script, combined with ping and cron :)

--
Michał Margula, alchemyx@xxxxxxxxxxxx, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]