routing TCP to another box preserving ORIGINAL client IPs

My TCP clients connect to box A. I need to forward those connections to a
server on box B, such that the original client IPs are visible to the server
on B.

Each box has two Ethernet ports. One port on each box is connected to WAN,
and they are cross-connected in a LAN via remaining ports:

WAN -- |eth0   Box A   eth1|---LAN---|eth1   Box B   eth0| -- WAN

Is there a way to do this with iproute2 and iptables tools ONLY? Can you
provide an example? Nothing in Google after more than a week of searching.
An additional requirement is to reduce the load on box A as much as possible
(I guess the server on B would still have to reply to the client via A, not
using B's own WAN interface however..)