Re: prio not seeming to work

Flechsenhaar, Jon J wrote:

> Two questions
>
> 1.)  When you type tc class ls dev ethx
> 	- Do you see that both ftp streams are flowing into their proper
> class; 1:1, 1:3?
>
> 2.)  Are you sending enough traffic to reach the point of congestion on
> you link?
> 	- If your not then it will service all the traffic at the same
> rate.

Hi John,

1. Hmm, I guess not:

[root@bob ~]# tc class ls dev eth0
class prio 1:1 parent 1:
class prio 1:2 parent 1:
class prio 1:3 parent 1:

Am I missing something in my short & sweet little script?  Again, it is:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 1 protocol ip u32 \
  match ip dst 208.0.0.0/8 flowid 1:1
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 3 protocol ip u32 \
  match ip dst 0.0.0.0/0 flowid 1:3

2. I'm definitely saturating my 384k upstream.

Bob