Re: Routing problem (RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument) on multiple internet link.

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 22:54 +0100, Paul Viney wrote:

> I still seem to have much the same problem. I no longer get ICMP unreachable
> errors, but the packet just seems to disappear - I can't see it being
> forwarded on any interface, nor can I find any kind of reply - icmp or
> otherwise.

This is one of my favourites :-)

Usually that problem is caused by the rp_filter feature, which silently
drops packets that arrive on an interface answers wouldn't be routed to.

Just try

for i in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth*/rp_filter; do
	echo 0 > $i
done

and see if that helps.
(indeed, you don't really need to switch it off for all of them, just
the uplink interfaces would be enough)

Hth,
Torsten