Re: Re: GPL Software for Small ISP

Sir,

On 2/8/07, Andrew Beverley <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I suggest you have a look at some of the examples of fair traffic
shaping using linux. I can send you my script if you like - I have used
it to share a 1 Mbit link between about 70 people and it works fairly
well.

   Please do send.   I am very Thankful to you.

Right now I am using rshaper by Alsandro Rubini for shaping incoming bandwidth(from my clients) and Squid delay pools for HTTP traffic. Kindly see there is provision for using squid cache.  Most of the Qos/TC packages does not consider Squid in between. Marking of Squids Hit/Misses etc..

But Squid  saves around 35% of bandwidth which is huge money saving.

Regards,

Rayudu.