Re: tc filter matches ip fileds inside pppoe frames

Resent using text insted of html.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 9:28 AM
Subject: tc filter matches ip fileds inside pppoe frames

I have a requirement which I guess it is not too unusually, however I haven't
quite figured out how to do it and couldn't find any examples which handle that.

I have made myself a Linux-based bridge, eth0 bridged with
eth1 to form br0.

In this bridge, I run 'tc' script to handle QoS.

So far nothing unusual.

However, what's different is that this bridge is sitted in between a pppoe client
and pppoe server, ie pppoe frames are bridge between the Linux bridge, and
I am interested to perform QoS on the pppoe frames, based on the ip tos setting
of the ppp packets ( encapsulated inside the pppoe frames ).

For example, normal tc script :-

tc filter add dev ppp0 parent 1:0 prio 10 u32 \
     match ip tos 0x10 0xff \
     flowid 1:4

This will work on a ppp0 device because the ppp0 has ip packets flowing through
it. Now in my bridge, there is no such device, I only have access to eth0 or eth1,
how could I perform the same thing on devices such as eth0 or eth1, but matching
the ip TOS setting inside the pppoe frame ?

Best regards.

****** Message from InterScan E-Mail VirusWall NT ******

** No virus found in attached file noname.htm
** No virus found in attached file noname.htm

This mail has been scanned by InterScan.