Re: DGD patch not detecting dead gateway

On 1/28/07, Tom Lobato <tomlobato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Manish Kathuria Wrote:
>
>   The method I have adopted is to use a shell script which pings a
> popular remote site 's IP (for example www.yahoo.com or
> www.google.com) through each of the interfaces every 10 seconds. The
> default multipath route is replaced by a single default gateway if
> reply is not received for 4 consecutive tries from one of the links.
> This is to avoid very frequent failovers. However, the link is treated
> as live as soon as a  ping reply is received and the multipath route
> is activated.
 Now I'm using the ping options:

    ping -n -w 10 -c 2 -I $lnk1_dev $lnk1_pingtarget

But so I'm getting some false negatives. Can you show what ping options you
use?
Tom Lobato

Please see the script posted earlier. The simple ping command with the
following options is repeated every 10 seconds using an endless loop.

ping -I $EXTIF1 -c 1 $TESTIP > /dev/null  2>&1

--
Manish Kathuria
Tux Technologies