Re: bridge and ipp2p question

This is not possible because ipp2p does not match every p2p packet but only some essential signaling packets. By filtering these packets, the p2p client cannot estabilish connections to transfer data, and that's how it filters it.

Sometimes, ipp2p 'discovers' that this is a p2p related connection after the connection has been established, and then drops the signaling packets.

And since you are not an AS and you have one different address per connection, you cannot route packets with a different source address than the one the connection has been established.

I have a different approach on this, it is not a perfect soulution, but it work quite well on some enviroments:

I route all the traffic through one NIC (the garbage p2p connection) and then (with iptables or u32) direct the important traffic by port (HTTP, FTP, IRC, MSN, DNS, SMTP, POP, etc) through the other NIC (the non-p2p connection). Then I filter (with ipp2p) the p2p traffic on the non-p2p NIC because some p2p clients try to mask the connections as it were these services. This works quite well, but you need to know every service your clients use.

I use this on a router, I never tested this with a bridge, but it may work too.

-- Marco