Re: iptables 1.3.7, kernel 2.6.19, ROUTE and Layer7 issues

Thanks for your response.

I'm using multiple gateways for internet connection and having problems
with random disconection, and I not use ROUTE usually, but I was trying to
force only one gateway for one type of traffic (which the clients lost
conections and are having issues).

I know I can use -j MARK or -j CONNMARK and this mark to filter, but I'm
using marks for another purposes and I can't use it for routing.

The box is a dual xeon and the kernel has been compiled SMP enabled.

I haven't tested ROUTE yet with this kernel (2.6.19), but with 2.6.18.x I
were having a problem with -j ROUTE in -t mangle and POSTROUTING chain.

Perhaps ROUTE need a more in deepth revision?

Do I help more reporting the bug into netfilter-bugzilla?

Thanks a lot.