Re: traffic shaping vpn (GRE) traffic

Hello Craig,
Is it linux flavour specific kernel you are using? I guess there might be no tc support for the kind of match you are tring to do, but iptables support included. Those I presume might be different kernel options.

In the first place, if anyone can say if the syntax of the following command is okay would be best choice:

tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 \
        match ip protocol 47 0xff \
        match ip u16 0x10 00ff at 24 \
        classid 1:10

I am also CCing the LARTC list hoping anyone with more experience will know the answer.

-Nik

syncmaster4 wrote:
Hi Nikolay,

I am using the standard kernel but we are able to successully allow GRE
traffic through IPTABLES running on this same computer. So I am assuming we
do have support for GRE since we are able to successfully NAT it.

I am far from a kernel/iptables/tc expert so maybe my assumption is
completely wrong...

Thanks!
Craig