Re: traffic shaping vpn (GRE) traffic

Hello syncmaster4,
I am not much of an routing expert myself, but if you are getting the Illegal match error message, try looking in the command syntax or the kernel config to check if you compiled all the necessary modules for the command you are using.

Have you got support for protocol 47? Just guessing here.

-Nik

syncmaster4 wrote:
Looking for some advise from the experts out there.

We do simple traffice shaping and I'm having trouble figuring out how to shape vpn traffic using a tc filter.

The following filter works fine for SSH
tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 match ip sport 22 0xffff classid 1:10

The following throws and "Illegal match" error when trying to filter GRE traffic.
tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 \
        match ip protocol 47 0xff \
        match ip u16 0x10 00ff at 24 \
        classid 1:10

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!