htb/iptables for ISP

Hello,
I'm working on a customized Linux firewall/router for a small/medium ISP
(1200 users) we have almost 4 ranges of internal IPs and i want to limit
each IP to a certain speed.

The problem is that i'm storing all info about the user including IP and
bandwidth rates on a MySQL server, then dump all the htb/sfq lines on a
file (which takes 3 minutes) and then i run these files. This process
kills my machine for 3-4 minutes until dumping all htb/sqf/iptables into
files and running these files (remember that i almost have 1200 IPs, and
each IP has 6 HTB+SFQ line with 2 iptables)

Is there another method more efficient than re-running my files every
time i add/edit/del a user?

Sincerely,