From: Flechsenhaar, Jon J
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:30 AM
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW:  2.6.14 - HTB/SFQ QoS broken?

 Please see below

Jon Flechsenhaar
Boeing WNW Team
Network Services
(714)-762-1231
202-E7

-----Original Message-----
From: Flechsenhaar, Jon J
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:35 AM
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  2.6.14 - HTB/SFQ QoS broken?

Jody:

I don't know if you answer basic HTB questions but I'l try anyway.  I'm
implementing AF and EF with a root rate of 500 kbps (kilo bits per
second).  I am using DSMARK to classify packets.  I'm implementing this
on two different hardware sets PPC and x86 with the same kernel options
configured.

Problem:

My root rate is going about 75 kbps over its 500kbps limit (ceil 500).
I believe this is because of burst and cburst settings.  I am using
default calculations now, on all classes.   Is there a formula to use in
tweaking these
values?  I would like my rates to follow the assigned rate more closely.

I am generating traffic with a hardware traffic generator.  Starting at
300 kbps stepping by 100 kbps up to 1mbps.  Each step lasts for 60 sec.

My config script is attached.  Thanks.

Jon

 <<diffserv9-26-gred>>

Jon Flechsenhaar