Hello New MAC / DHCP Request - How to spot the presents of a new MAC address...

Hi All,

How do I find out about new new DHCP connections as they appear?

I want to write a script that will do some stuff based on a new ip
request from a machine on my lan.

ie - new user connects to the lan, DHCP server on my Linux (debian)
gateway gives them an IP, my script is run automatically to change the
firewall rules and start recording their presents, or if it's an unknown
user it will add their MAC to a list of unknown users.

More details of the application can be seen here:
http://www.tcn.bowenvale.co.nz/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,23/

Cheers Don
--
Don Gould
www.thinkdesignprint.co.nz - www.tcn.bowenvale.co.nz -

begin:vcard
fn:Don Gould
n:Gould;Don
org:Bowenvale Communications
adr:Riccarton;;2/59 Peverel Street;Christchurch;;8004;New Zealand
email;internet:don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Director
tel;work:+64 3 348 7235
tel;home:+64 3 348 7235