Re: Egress shaping recommendations (based on source ip)

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
I'm trying to set up customer egress shaping on concentrator that customers
connect to using pptp (which uses pppd).  This means customers each have a
pppXXX interface when they connect.  It's easy to shape their "down" speed
this way, and when they disconnect the interface is gone and thus the
shaping rules automatically go away as well.

However, shaping their upload (traffic that forwards from their ppp
interface and out the ethernet interface on the server) is a different
matter and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.

You could use policers on the ppps or IFBs with recent kernels. IFB is a device that lets you shape ingress traffic.

Andy.