Re: Multipath Routing Problems

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:04:53 -0300
Luciano Ruete <luciano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Equalize was available as a patch in 2.4 kernels and AFAIK there are not 2.6
> patches, so to set that flag do nothing in most cases.

its quite strange , its somesort of working under 2.6.16 ,

> I think you have CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED set in your kernel(which is
> EXPERIMENTAL and mostly undocumented) and you're not selecting any of the 4
> multipath cache algos. Try adding 'mpath' option to your 'tc' command:
>
> ip route add default mpath rr nexthop via 1.1.1.1 dev eth0 nexthop via 1.1.1.2
> dev eth1
>
> If that do not work, recompile your kernel without
> CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED multipath will probably work at first try.
>
> Plz don't forget to post your results to the list.

my kernel compiled with :

CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_RR=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_RANDOM=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_WRANDOM=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_DRR=y

and all of this algorithms works perfectly over icmp , but there is some (maybe) problems with tcp round robin algorithm :

with :
ip route add default mpath rr nexthop via 1.1.1.2 dev eth0 nexthop via 1.1.1.3 dev eth0
wget i attempt to wget a file over tcp port 80 , all packets goes to 1.1.1.2 , nothing on 1.1.1.3 .

but with :
ip route add default mpath random nexthop via 1.1.1.2 dev eth0 nexthop via 1.1.1.3 dev eth0
i've got something on 1.1.1.3 and everything goes as expected , any idea ? we have to report bug ?

> --
> Luciano

thank you

--
You will be aided greatly by a person whom you thought to be unimportant.