Re: Multipath Routing Problems

El Friday 23 June 2006 06:59, Armin ranjbar escribió:
> Hi all :)
>
> there is somekind of strange Routing problem that im getting with
> Linux-2.6.16 and iproute 2.6.16 , when i use command like :
>
> ip route add default nexthop via 1.1.1.1 dev eth0 nexthop via 1.1.1.2 dev
> eth1
>
> all packets goes on 1.1.1.2 ( always last interface ) , whats is the
> problem ? this situation also tested with equalize flag , on two physical
> interface and etc ...

Equalize was available as a patch in 2.4 kernels and AFAIK there are not 2.6
patches, so to set that flag do nothing in most cases.

I think you have CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED set in your kernel(which is
EXPERIMENTAL and mostly undocumented) and you're not selecting any of the 4
multipath cache algos. Try adding 'mpath' option to your 'tc' command:

ip route add default mpath rr nexthop via 1.1.1.1 dev eth0 nexthop via 1.1.1.2
dev eth1

If that do not work, recompile your kernel without
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED multipath will probably work at first try.

Plz don't forget to post your results to the list.

--
Luciano