RE: Not understanding network setup!!

Dear Eliot,

Many thx for all the efforts you're making to help me out..I've been
battling with this for over two weeks now :(

I had a few questions to ask you:

1) Does bonding support per-packet loadbalancing like teql does?

2) Is it compulsory to assign eth1 & eth2 ip addresses in teql setups like
in the howto or can simply use them w/o ip addrs as in the bonding setup
example you gave?

3) In the setup you propose with the transparent firewall, I don't think
it'll work because since different networks are involved, only a router
can forward packets between different networks. The bridge can only
perform packet switching on one network. It can actually extend a
particular network but it cannot join two different networks. That, I
believe, is the work of a router. Please correct if you feel I'm wrong.

4) Do you believe it is possible to implement teql for the topology I'm
working on, i.e using firewalls with ip addrs? I tried it many times but
no success. The main problem was that I didn't know to what network to
have the teql0 device on PC_B & PC_C point to? In the example in the LARTC
HOWTO, the teql0 on Router A pointed to the teql0 device on the Router B.
However, in the topology I'm trying to set up, I didn't know to which
device to point to because of the intermediate networks that we have (for
FW1 & FW2). Do you think I should use a multipath route on PC_B & PC_C,
some thing like this:

ip route add default scope global nexthop via 192.168.10.11 dev eth1
weight 1 nexthop via 192.168.40.11 dev eth2 weight 1

I tried it but no success. The teql0 device won't balanve traffic between
the devices..don't know if I made a mistake in the formulation of the
command!!

Can you suggest me anything..I have enough PCs to test things that you
might suggest me.

Warm regards,
Visham