Re: how to debug RTNETLINK invalid argument?

On 5/23/06, George Nychis <gnychis@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Larry Brigman wrote:
> On 5/23/06, George Nychis <gnychis@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Larry Brigman wrote:

>> > Check to see which kernel versions you have on the boxes that work and
>> > the one that
>> > does not.  Also check to see if you have the latest version of
>> > iproute2 installed on the
>> > machine that does not work.
>> >

>> They are both running the exact same kernel and version of iproute2,
>> however they are in different environments, what could the environment
>> have to do with it?
>>
> Modules that are not loaded?  modprobe.conf?
> lsmod on both boxes looking for specific networking modules.

What modules would qdisc's be dependent on?  The weird thing is, netem
works on both machines... therefore I know qdisc's in general are
working.  Lets just say its not working on my other machine, how do i go
about debugging it on the one machine alone?

Has the tc command been changed recently from your customized version back
to the standard release (ie yum running via cron) or your environment
path changed to
pick up the wrong tc command?