Re: how to debug RTNETLINK invalid argument?

Larry Brigman wrote:
> On 5/23/06, George Nychis <gnychis@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> Larry Brigman wrote:

>> > Check to see which kernel versions you have on the boxes that work and
>> > the one that
>> > does not.  Also check to see if you have the latest version of
>> > iproute2 installed on the
>> > machine that does not work.
>> >

>> They are both running the exact same kernel and version of iproute2,
>> however they are in different environments, what could the environment
>> have to do with it?
>>
> Modules that are not loaded?  modprobe.conf?
> lsmod on both boxes looking for specific networking modules.

What modules would qdisc's be dependent on?  The weird thing is, netem
works on both machines... therefore I know qdisc's in general are
working.  Lets just say its not working on my other machine, how do i go
about debugging it on the one machine alone?

- George