Re: iptables CLASSIFY and MARK not working?

On 5/22/06, Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes
Internet <support8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You were exactly right here. Moving to the filters instead of the
iptables classify solved the issue. As for performance, I have not yet
benchmarked it to determine if the filters are fast enough for the
number of users I need this to support.

And makes me wonder if its a bug or a design choice that iptables
classify doesn't handle this. If the performance isn't acceptable, you
might want to look into that. Or look into tc filters and hashing
which can improve performance depending on the filters.

- Jody