Re: Simple routing question from networking newbie

>> you have to use port forwarding and / or DMZ funcionality on your
>> router if it has it.  For instance you can forward port 22 from
>> router to your internal box where ssh deamon is running. Than you
>> can use your public ip form isp x.y.z.a:22 to reach your ssh deamon.

Assuming 'port forwarding' is the same as 'port redirection' on D-Link
modem-routers (a sort-of reverse NAT), then I've enabled TCP packets
to pass through to 192.168.0.2 on port 22... but it hasn't helped.

I've also tried enabling 'DMZ state' and making 192.168.0.2 the DMZ
IP address... but again, to no avail.

In both cases scp just says 'connection refused'.

No matter because I've found another way.  Emacs users should check out
tramp mode if they haven't heard of it.

Thanks all.

sdt