Re: HFSC and prioritization

Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Jody Shumaker wrote:
>
>>What is there for good HSFC documentation out there right now anyways?
>

> There is the original papers by Hui Zhang et al., which is mostly
> about the theory and not very suitable for users - but still worth
> reading if you're not scared by use of some math.
> There used to be some documentation called "HFSC for Router Plugins",
> which is partially applicable for Linux .. and some ALTQ and *BSD
> documentation which is partially applicable as well. Besides that
> there seem to be a few german student research projects about this
> subject, but all I know of are in german. Last thing I know of is
> an article written by a friend of mine for the german Linux Magazin,
> unfortunately also only in german, but reviewed by myself and mostly
> correct (klaus.geekserver.net/hfsc/hfsc.html) - translations are
> welcome :)

I forgot to mention, there is actually a quite easy way to get
started with HFSC if you already have a working HTB setup. Just
delete the "prio" statements, replace "htb" by "hfsc",
"rate" by "sc rate", "ceil" by "ul rate" and delete all the
remaining htb specific parameters and you have something working.