Re: Is there a way....

On Sunday 30 April 2006 18:23, David Sims wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I want to use Linux to do FASTNAT between some 192.168.x.x addresses
> in a routed network on one side and a single 10.0.0.x/24 on the other
> side. I want to do one-to-one NAT but in a dynamic way... such that a
> calling address is NATed into the next available 10.0.0.x/24.... in a
> round robin sort of way... IS there a way to do this using LARTC??  If
> not LARTC, then how??
>
>   This sort of thing is common in many-to-one NAT (port-address
> translation)... but I need each call to come from a separate NATed IP
> address to support my application (TN3270 session)... It's OK to reuse
> addresses after a call (session) is complete, but each session needs to
> come from it's own fixed (for the session) IP address....
>
>   Clues? Suggestions?

I never tryed it, but as far i know (understand:) this can be done with a
normal iptables rule. Using SNAT target and a range in --to-source

>From the manpage:

If  you  specify  more than one source address, either via an address range or
multiple --to-source options, a simple round-robin (one after another  in
cycle) takes place between these adresses.

greets,
    Tami