Re: Sip Traffic

the RTP traffic does not go through the SIP Proxy. Some solutions to control the voice traffic exist.
One is RTP Proxy which communicates with a SER (SIP Express Router) or OpenSER and does as stated in the name, proxying for RTP. As a side efect the outbound ports are known.
SIP Proxies do more then nat traversal (in fact this is one of the weak points in the SIP Protocol). For more info read RFC 3261.

Marius

On 4/26/06, sophana <sophana@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Suresh Babu wrote:

> I think RTP traffic doesn`t flow through SIP proxy. Only SIP packets
> flows through SIP proxy and RTP traffic flows end to end.
>
> correct me if i`m not.

would it depend on the kind of sip proxy?
I thought that one of the sip proxy functions was to resolve rtp NAT
problems.

>     I have a much more basic question:
>     I installed a qos script based on wondershaper, which is htb based.
>     With voip, the result is not correct (I've lot of bandwidth with
>     max prio)
>     How can I mix absolute priority (for voip) with htb?
>
>     Thanks

can someone please answer that (surely basic) question?
What structure should I have?
prio on top?