Re: htb overrate with 2.6.16

Andy Furniss wrote:
>> Well, as much as google tells me TSO has been in the kernel and enabled
>> since 2.5.33 and e1000 was the first driver to support it. The FC4
>> 2.6.16 kernel doesn't have any tso related patches as can be
>> seen here http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/kernel/FC-4/
>>
>> Since my immediate problem was solved with the mtu param I plan on
>> forgetting about htb and traffic control in general for the time
>> being :) Thanks again.
>

> One more thing I just thought - sfq sets its quantum from the dev mtu.

One more possibility: current kernels support UDP fragmentation offload
(UFO), which has similar effects as TSO. The in-tree e1000 driver
doesn't support it, but maybe the fedora one does.

Changes in the fragmentation behaviour of conntrack in 2.6.16 could also
be responsible (if you're using it). Can you please post your NAT and
marking rules, routing rules etc?