Re: htb overrate with 2.6.16

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 03:03 +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:
> Yanko Kaneti wrote:
>
> > Setting mtu 16500  for the class fixed it. But I wonder where did these
> > giants come from in the first place? The mtu of the interface is and was
> > 1500. Or so ifconfig and ip link tell me. Or this is some other mtu we
> > are talking about...
>
> Hmm I didn't expect that - maybe there is some problem with the nic
> drivers not obeying kernel - is there any tso offload etc. at work here ?

Yes and its on by default. The interface mtu still says 1500.
I've tried deleting and attaching the qdisc+class (without explicit
large mtu) with both tso on (ethtool -K eth0 tso on) and tso off , it
doesnt seem to matter - giants appear in both cases.
With large mtu for the class no giants with both tso on and off.

Yanko