Re: Re: EF & AF filters with HTB

Hi Robert!

It's good to see that I could help :). It took me a
while to figure things out too.

As for opalsoft.net, I suggest you to read all the
linux diffserv stuff, it is very useful. I based many
of my scripts on what can found there (read that site
month ago and still I find new things), though I
believe some examles, like af-htb are there for
educational reasons, as he also claims it, not for
practical usage.

To sum up, I would suggest to only use EF and BE, or
EF and AF11 first, test it with ping/iperf/etc. and tc
qdisc/class/filter -s -d show, ethereal...
Only then go for complex stuff.

Script:
Overall it looks good for me.
Why not use 1:20 for AF if you used 1:10 for EF?
Just clearer, I believe. I never used gred, so I can't
help much on that.
Anyway if you asked for that, I do not see why would
you use 1:111 or such. Classids are only guidelines.
parent ".." says where to attach the rule, flowid ".."
says where to send the packet for classification.
As your AF filters say, AF11,AF12,AF13 packets will
all be directed to 1:11, and share the default 12kbit.
To add: I believe you can concatenate matches if all
will direct packets to same class, so can have a
filter like:

tc filter add dev $DEVICE parent 1:0 protocol ip prio
2 u32 match ip tos 0x28 0xff match ip tos 0x30 0xff
match ip tos 0x38 0xff flowid 1:11

But check this, I'm not sure.

Finally, I do not know what will happen to BE if you
run this setup. Where will it go? I would create the
main htb under 1:0 with default 30, so send anything
unmatched (BE) to 1:30.

Hope somewhere I wrote something you wanted,or I don't
get your question.

Ferenc